I know that it’s the middle of winter, and I’ve been complaining about how cold it is, but I’m a smoothie girl through and through. Today it was sunny outside, so I pretended it was summer and whipped up this delicious smoothie bowl using some blueberries I had in the fridge! 🌞With that said, I bring you my Blueberry Pie Smoothie Bowl. It’s super easy to make and it’s a great vegan breakfast option because all the ingredients can be prepped in advanced. Plus, it’s full of wholesome ingredients to satisfy any morning cravings and keep you full until lunchtime, thanks to the addition of oats.
This recipe is made with frozen bananas (one tip is to freeze a few bananas at the beginning of the week so you’ll always have some on hand) but if you don’t have those or don’t like the taste, you can sub them out with fresh bananas (it will be less creamy and less cold) or frozen cauliflower. And if you want just a purple tint to your smoothie, don’t add too many blueberries 😛or you’ll end up with a Maleficent-esque concoction. Which now that I’m thinking about it, sounds pretty delicious.
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 3 tablespoons oats
- 1-2 pitted dates (or sweetener of choice)
- handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender, and blend until smooth
- If needed, add additional liquid of your choice to help it blend
- FInish off with your favorite toppings! I like dark chocolate chips, coconut, and fresh berries
Enjoy! xxo Debbie
Pin me for later