New to essential oils? Well, I’ve recently started incorporating essential oils into my routine, and they’ve become, well, essential! I love being creative and mixing different aromas together to create a new scent for me to enjoy! It’s extremely soothing, plus essential oils have various health benefits too!
What are essential oils?
Essential oils, also known as aromas, scents, among other things, are a type of natural oil that gets its characteristic fragrance from the plant/source it is extracted from. In most cases, the “oil” with a very strong scent is extracted from the plant’s parts through a process called distillation – usually by steam or water. The end result is a highly concentrated extract with various health and therapeutic benefits.
My essential oils collection:
I started my essential oils collection with a bottle of peppermint oil. Then I started researching the different uses of essential oils and purchased a 6 pack of natural fragrances. When I learned about MUJI’s essential oil brands I bought specific ingredients in those blends. If you’re new to essential oils, I recommend starting with the most popular & common ones before researching your own.
* my personal favorites are marked with a star
- Tea Tree
Favorite Essential Oil Blends:
When blending essential oils, don’t stress too much about having exact recipes. Play around with it, and do whatever you feel works best for you. Blending essential oils isn’t a science, it’s an art.
- *Sweet Dreams: Lavender + Rose
- Spa Vibes: Lavender + Eucalyptus
- *Liquid Sunshine: Sweet Orange + Grapefruit + Lemon
- Positive Vibes: Sweet Orange + Peppermint
- Fresh Vibes: Peppermint + Grapefruit
Essential Oil Benefits:
- Relaxation: Lavender, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Chamomile, Bergamot
- Boost Immunity and Fight Infection: Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Cinnamon
- Energizing: Grapefruit, Peppermint, Eucalyptus
- Skin Care: Tea Tree Oil
Essential Oils Inspiration:
- Skin Care – face masks, moisturizing cream, face oil
- Bathtime – scrubs, salt bath
- Cleaner – surface cleaner, floor cleaner, bathroom cleaner
Castile Soap Surface Cleaner
- 2 cups distilled water
- 2 TB castile soap up to 1/4 cup*
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
Vinegar Surface Cleaner
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced (optional)
- 15 drops lavender essential oil or peppermint, orange, or lemon
*don’t use vinegar-based cleaners on marble or granite
recipes via [www.livesimply.me]
Coffee Skin Scrub
1 1/2 cups of coarsely ground coffee
1/2 cup of raw sugar OR sea salt
3 Tbs of coconut or olive oil, melted
* rub on skin, let sit for a few minutes, wash off (be careful of clogging in the sink/tub)
recipe via [www.toneitup.com]
* disclaimer: some links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning i may earn a small commision from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Of course, I will only recommend products I enjoy and/or personally use. Read more here.